Drush is an amazing tool. It is a command line shell and scripting interface for Drupal.
If you have truble installing it on your development workstation (OSX), then follow these simple steps to get going:
- Down Load the code to your desktop; drush.tar.gz
- Go to the Terminal
- cd ~/Desktop
- tar -zxf drush.tar.gz (extract the tar file)
- sudo mv drush /usr/local/lib/ (move it to /usr/local/lib)
- sudo chmod u+x /usr/local/lib/drush/drush (make it executable)
- sudo ln -s /usr/local/lib/drush/drush /usr/bin/drush (put it in /usr/bin/ so that you can run it from anywhere)
- Go to your finder and make sure the correct directories are created.
Some people may have a problem creating the /usr/local/lib to put the DRUSH in.
Here is a simpler solution: